On Wednesday, July 23rd Algodones, New Mexico was hit with heavy rains, damaging winds, and flash flooding. Over an inch an hour. Torrential local rain and heavy rains to the north caused the water to move into irrigation ditches, and the flooding began.
In Remembrance: September 11th
Today American Restoration marks and remembers the thirteenth anniversary of the attacks of September 11th.
The events of September 11th live on in our individual memories as events that challenged our national security, as well as confirmed our national courage and resilience.
American Restoration is a proud holder of a Cleaning and Restoration Certification issued by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification organization, an international non-profit advancing and controlling the standards of inspection, cleaning, and restoration.
When experienced a flood, fire, or other disaster, it is hard to deal with the chaos and overwhelming emotion of putting everything back in its place, let alone think about all of the unseen dangers, like the hazard of asbestos. Luckily, American Restoration has just the man to reinstate order in your home or work place.
What if we told you there is a room in your house where surface temperatures regularly reach well over 100 degrees? A room with open flames where disaster could strike at any time if you don’t exercise the proper caution? Who would have thought the kitchen could be so dangerous?
unless you live on a mountain top where the land slopes dramatically away from the foundation of your home, your home is at risk of flooding. Flooding is the most common natural disaster in the United States, causinG approximately 2.7 billion dollars in losses annually. In New Mexico, with our summer monsoon season, we receive half of our annual rainfall during a few short months, putting our homes at even higher risk of flooding. Yet, here at American Restoration we have some good news for you - there are preventive measures you can take to ensure that you will not suffer the damage of flooding.
When it comes to homeowner’s insurance, there can be lots of confusion surrounding some terminology, such as an “Act of God.” An Act of God is a legal term often used in insurance, contracts, construction, and more to describe an event, often a natural disaster, for which no human being can be held accountable.
Few things can negatively impact the enjoyment of your home like mold. Moisture can creep into your home through damaged window panes, gaps in insulation, or through the roof, creating frustrating issues with mold and mildew. Mold can destroy some of the most expensive parts of your home - carpet, furniture, walls - and not just destroy these things, but compromise the integrity of your home’s structure.
American Restoration is proud to be Albuquerque local since our beginnings. Over the years, we’ve responded promptly (usually within the hour) to emergency calls around the metro area. Our response time paired with our kind service and expert ability have made us a top choice in the city for restoration services in the aftermath of flood and fire, but did you know we offer these services on-the-go, around the whole state of New Mexico?
Faulty, unchecked electrical wiring is one of the most common causes of house fires nationwide. During the winter season, breakers are even more loaded with Christmas lights, mechanical decorations, and the added burden of more hours requiring electrical lighting during these darker months. Being familiar with some of the common warning signs of unsafe wiring can go a long way in preventing a dangerous situation and keeping your family safe from smoke and fire damage.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, an average of 240 home fires in the United States are caused by Christmas trees, and another 200 caused by the decorative lighting that we all love to see at this time of year. The holiday season is often the season of planning- what we will buy for whom, where and when we will travel, what food to prepare- while your stockings may be in place, what about your fire safety plan? Lights, dry pine needles and wood, cozy fires, candles, and lots of cooking can all increase the risk of house fires during this time of year. American Restoration wishes you a happy, healthy, and most importantly, safe holiday season. Take our advice and as you plan the minute details of your festivities, practice fire prevention, too, with these tips.
In the year and a half that Tonya Smith has worked at American Restoration, she has become indispensable. After running her own business for many years, Tonya transitioned to the role of Organizational Manager with us, applying her keen knowledge of the field to our fire and water restoration business.
American Restoration wants to keep you and your family safe, your whole family, which for many in New Mexico, includes dogs, cats, gerbils, birds, and probably much more! Hopefully you have a plan in place to safely and quickly evacuate your family in the event of a house fire, but you may not have taken the time to consider your much loved family pets. Luckily, integrating a pet into your fire safety plan is quite easy! The pros at American Restoration have compiled a list of suggestions to help ensure the health and safety of Fido and company. Of course, secure the safety of human lives first, but plan well, and your four legged friends will thank you.