- Call a professional to do a maintenance check up
- Learn how to shut off the main gas valve
- Clear your utility room of debris
- Check all smoke and carbon detectors
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby
- Change the filter regularly
It’s essential to have an HVAC professional do a complete maintenance check-up of the unit including cleaning the coils and filter, checking the ignition system, and ensuring efficient air flow in the equipment. Be aware of the fire danger of the heating unit and take the necessary steps to prevent it from happening.
In the unfortunate event of a house or business fire, American Restoration can help. We are disaster recovery professionals, and we handle clean up and rebuilding to get your property back to normal using specialized equipment and expertise. If your property has been damaged by fire, call American Restoration today at 505-206-5277.