Cooking - Cooking is a major cause of fire damage in the home. It’s likely your kitchen will need fire restoration dependent on the severity of the fire. Never leave pans on the stove or in the oven unattended, especially if you’re cooking with oil. If you see flames in the pan, use baking soda, salt, or a metal lid to put it out.
Smoking - If you’re a smoker, make sure to always put your cigarette out completely in an ashtray that won’t be knocked over. Do not smoke in bed or near flammable curtains, blankets or pillows. It’s always important to be aware of where you are smoking and where you throw your cigarette when you’re done.
Portable Heaters - Before you plug in a heater, check your surroundings to make sure all flammable items have been removed or are out of the way. Space heaters are a major cause of home fires each year. It is easy to forget or leave it unattended for long periods of time. The experts at American Restoration suggest always unplugging it before leaving the room.
Electrical Problems – Electrical fires are commonly sparked due to improperly installed electrical systems or overloaded circuits. Make sure your electrical wiring is up to code and that any cords you do have are not frayed or damaged. Also be thoughtful of how many items you have plugged in at once to avoid overloading your circuits.
American Restoration Water and Fire are here to help you if you do become the victim of a tragedy. At American Restoration, we’re dedicated to efficiently removing the after-effects of the fire damage such as smoke, soot and wall discoloration. Our technicians will evaluate the damage and restore your home so you can get back to normalcy. Call us today for friendly service and a free estimate.