At American Restoration, fire safety is something we take very seriously. We’ve seen the damage both flames and even smoke can do to a household and found that a large number of these fire risks that happen every year are caused during the Christmas season. Why? Two words: dry trees.
Asbestos is a potentially toxic substance that was common in homes built before 1980. It was often found in floor tiles, siding, insulation and more. While it is still used in many products today, including some homes, the dangers of the substance have increased safety measures. The substance is dangerous when disintegrated into microscopic fibrous particles (known as being friable) that float through the air. The particles, when inhaled or ingested, are toxic to people and can cause many health problems, including death.
Having a fire escape plan for your home or business is crucial for fire safety. We here at American Restoration believe that fire danger should always be considered to protect your family/employees and their belongings. A properly developed and implemented plan will mitigate the human and financial cost incurred in a fire and ensure that order and safety are maintained in the event of a fire and aid in fire restoration afterwards.
A fire can be one of the biggest trials a property owner can go through. No matter the source, fire can endanger lives and belongings. Even after the fire is out, you’ll need to consider fire restoration as well. We here at American Restoration believe that having a fire safety plan can protect your assets and your people in the event of a fire and mitigate the impact. Read on for fire safety tips, and what we can do for you!
The season is changing, and we’re feeling the first chilly days of Fall. During the long, hot days of summer, the furnace is often forgotten. It’s likely that no maintenance has been done to this vital piece of equipment during the past few months too. When the cold weather ends, many people don’t realize that they must continue to maintain their furnace, even when it’s not used.
Furnaces are one of the most common causes of house and business fires. To prevent fire danger, check out these items on your unit to make sure it is ready before the cold weather starts:
Professional Assistance with Flooding and More
Inclement weather can be scary and unpredictable. Storms certainly aren't an exception. If you've just been through a major storm, you need to make a point to meticulously assess your residential or commercial property right after the fact. You never know what kind of damage may have taken place.
Also known as evaporative coolers, swamp coolers are popular ways to keep homes and businesses cool in desert states like New Mexico. It is important to winterize units during the fall before cold weather arrives. Proper maintenance helps avoid flooding, protects building interiors, and extends unit life. Our technicians see it all too often with damaged pipes or improper winterization of equipment.
As we get closer to those cold weather months it is important to re-evaluate your residential or business heat source. You may be unaware of the potential fire dangers of furnaces and portable heaters that are lurking in your home or business. At American Restoration, we want to ensure you are safe and warm this coming winter, so we have compiled a short list of tips to prevent common fire dangers.
An unexpected fire is devastating, can happen in an instant and you could lose everything you own. In the fire you might lose personal and private property, your home or even your business. But what’s worse, is the emotional loss fire can cause. The toll on your family, your finances, and the overall loss can be crippling.
With all of the monsoons this season brings, it’s easy to spring a leak in your home. These warm, damp areas can lead to an infestation of mold. Mold is a type of fungus that is formed from tiny spores and can be quite damaging to your residence. Knowing where to look for mold can help save you a lot of money and headaches when it comes to home restoration.
You go on vacation, having a great time. However, back at home, there’s trouble brewing. Your corroded water hot and cold-water lines have plans to wreak havoc. American Restoration Water and Fire, LLC understands, this is a common cause of residential flooding.