Emergency? Call Now – 505-206-5277


New Mexico, El Paso, & West Texas

Our Hours

We Are Open 24 Hours 7 days a week


House fires can be devastating. The aftermath of a house fire is daunting, to say the least. Most turn their attention to recover and rebuild; however, there are certain risk factors, one deadly factor being asbestos.

Asbestos is a mineral fiber that occurs in rock and soil. Asbestos was commonly used as a ubiquitous ingredient in fire-resistant construction materials for much of the 20th century. Asbestos can be found in cement sheets, roof adhesives, floor tiles, and in some cases, drywall. When left undisturbed, asbestos is considered safe, but when it is damaged or worn down over time, asbestos fibers can be released into the air, which is toxic. These fibers can become problematic down the road and can lead to severe health issues. Asbestos dangers are also invisible to the naked eye, so calling in a professional is crucial.

Everyone generally knows that asbestos can be harmful, but no one really knows what to do to avoid exposure, specifically after fire damage. If you experience damage to your New Mexico home following a fire, reach out to the experts at American Restoration in Albuquerque. In situations like this, it’s important to leave it to the professionals. We are here to ensure your home and your family is safe.