Torrential rains, bursting pipes, exploding washing machine hoses, leaking refrigerator ice makers, or a profuse shedding of tears for not investing in Google in the early days like your brother-in-law suggested—regardless of the water source, you must act quickly when water damage occurs. American Restoration Water & Fire, LLC is available 24 hours a day for an immediate response.
Mold can begin to grow and spread in 48 hours. Drywall and plaster walls and ceilings can collapse on people and pets within a couple of hours. Wood, carpet, and other materials can begin to degrade in a few days. This is why you must act quickly.
The experienced professionals at American Restoration Water & Fire, LLC will conduct an immediate and thorough inspection of your home or business, cataloging every aspect of damage to report to your insurance company. Our experienced, knowledgeable, IICRC-certified team know where to look for unseen water damage and potential hazards, making sure you don’t have any unpleasant surprises down the road.
Immediately following the inspection, our team sweeps into action to remove damaged items and potential hazards, and to expedite the drying and dehumidifying process. Your home or business will also be extensively disinfected and deodorized for your safety and comfort. Only trust your home to professionals who are IICRC professionals To help reduce the likelihood of water damage, American Restoration Water & Fire, LLC offers the following tips:
• Insulate pipes in attics and basements, and exposed exterior pipes, to avoid freezing.
• During periods of freezing weather, open cabinet doors to expose pipes to warm air.
• Disconnect garden hoses when freeze warnings are issued, and turn off outside faucets.
• Inspect refrigerator water supply lines every 6 months, and leave a 3- or 4-inch space behind the refrigerator to prevent kinking or undue stress on the valve. If kinks are present, replace the hose.
• Replace washing machine hoses every 5 years.
• If you’re going to be away for the holidays (or any time of year), turn off the water supply to all appliances, and to kitchen and bath fixtures.
• Have a professional roof inspection annually.
Lastly, and very importantly, make sure your home or rental insurance includes flood coverage.
We hope you never need our services, but if you detect mold in your home or business, don’t hesitate to call American Restoration Water & Fire, LLC anytime day or night at 505-206-5277.