Indoor air quality has a huge impact on the comfort of your home. Dust, mold, pet dander, and other particles can irritate even the healthiest individuals. One way to improve home air quality is regular air duct cleaning. Here are some signs to look out for, according to the experts at American Restoration.
- Clogged Vents: A sure sign of dirty air ducts is the presence of dust and debris when your HVAC system is running. Normally, air ducts should not release visible dust or debris when heating or cooling is on.
- Dirty/Clogged Air Filters: If you have to continually change the air filters in your system, this may be a sign of a bigger issue. Air filters must be changed periodically but should not be clogged or need replacing after a few days. If this is the case, it may indicate that it’s time to clean your air ducts.
- Poor Airflow: If you recognize inconsistent airflow in certain rooms of your house, this is a telltale sign of clogged ducts.
- Odor: If you notice an unpleasant smell coming from your vents, something is likely going on in the air ducts. If the problem persists, it’s suggested to contact a professional to check things.
- Dust: Nobody likes a dingy, dusty house. If you continue to find dust in the home, even after cleaning, it’s time to have your HVAC system looked at.
- Heating/Cooling Costs: Regardless of the season, your heating and cooling bills should be predictable. If you notice large fluctuations in the cost of your heating or cooling bills, it may be a good idea to have your air ducts inspected. Clogged ducts block airflow, causing the system to work harder and use extra energy.
As you can see, there are several reasons you should consider having your air ducts cleaned. If you experience any of these problems and are concerned about the ducts in your home, reach out to the team at American Restoration in Albuquerque. We offer various restoration services to keep your home safe and your family healthy.