The staff at American Restoration Fire and Water, LLC deal with a lot of home restorations due to water leaks that have gone undetected for an extended period of time, causing mold.

Mold can grow on any wet material such as cardboard, drywall, wood, ceiling tiles, upholstery, and other fabrics. Mold grows as long as it is fed by a constantly moist area in your home or office. Little areas that are constantly in contact with water such as a crack near your bathroom sink or tub, or a small leak that you keep telling yourself you are going to seal soon!

Mold contains lightweight spores and when those spores are exposed to circulating air and inhaled, can cause a series of health issues. American Restoration has put together a list of symptoms to watch out for:

Mold can cause inflammation in your airway; this inflammation can cause wheezing and a stuffy nose. Mold can also cause red and itchy eyes and skin irritation and rashes. For those who have asthma, mold can also lead to severe asthmatic reactions. Additionally, mold can cause bronchitis in some people but can also cause headaches, vomiting, fever, fatigue, insomnia, and more serious health issues such as sick-building syndrome, chronic rhinosinusitis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Take mold seriously.

American Restoration Fire and Water, LLC would like to also remind you to speak to your medical doctor about these health concerns, to rule out any underlying issues. American Restoration Fire and Water, LLC recommend that you have mold remediated by our team of professionals. Call us today!