According to the American Red Cross, cooking is the chief cause of home fires. As you teach your children how to prepare meals, it’s prudent to start out with basic home fire safety principles. The team at American Restoration Water & Fire LLC cares about the welfare of each of our customers just as if they were members of our own family, so we encourage you to address this home safety matter with your family sooner rather than later. Here are some reminders from the Red Cross about fire safety in the kitchen:
- Always tend to food while it cooks. Turn off the stove or oven if you must leave the kitchen.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing while cooking.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
- Install a smoke alarm near the kitchen.
- Always double-check that all appliances, the stove and oven are turned off before you go to bed.
If you or someone you know has recently been through a house fire, we know how disorienting this kind of experience can be. To learn more about how disaster recovery professionals can help homeowners restore their homes after a fire, please connect with American Restoration Water & Fire today.