Our rainy season is fast approaching. What does that mean for mold? The opportunity greatly increases for leaking, stagnant water to come into your home, causing dangerous mold to grow where you live. If you’ve ever had a water leak in your home, you’ll know the smell and the tell-tale visual signs.
The Centers for Disease Control and the Institute of Medicine indicate that mold is linked to a variety of illnesses. These illnesses can range from lung irritation in healthy people – asthma-like symptoms, to acute respiratory illnesses in immunocompromised individuals. Mold will thrive on virtually any organic substance where moisture and oxygen are present. Undiscovered mold can be especially hazardous as it is considered a toxic substance and will often cause respiratory distress to those who are exposed.
It is extremely important to get rid of excess water and to eliminate moisture in the affected area. You can clean small areas of mold with diluted regular household bleach. Note: Do not mix bleach with any other cleanser– and use only in a well-ventilated area. If you are unsure about its use, call us. We do not recommend attempting cleanup without a certified mold technician if the area has the possibility of being more than 10 square feet– which is not a large area! And, consider that there may be areas of mold that are hidden from your view, making the mold you see much more dangerous.
At American Restoration Water and Fire, LLC, we have multiple certified technicians and site managers who are certified by ACME Environmental (#071713-6). Our certifed technicians and removal process will allow you to have peace of mind that your mold is removed quickly and safely.Call us today!