Mold is everywhere. It’s in the air, it’s outdoors, and it’s common in buildings and homes wherever moisture can be found. Mold spores can enter your home through open windows, doorways, and vents. After a flood event, mold thrives in water damaged buildings. If it’s not removed immediately, it can impact the wood framing of your home and cause significant structural damage. Exposure to indoor mold growth can also be linked to adverse health effects. American Restoration Fire & Water LLC, wants you to be aware of the dangers so you can protect your family and your property.

Mold feeds on organic matter. If it infests building walls, insulation, or carpeting, it can break down those surfaces and destroy them. In the aftermath of a water intrusion problem, mold growth can cause serious structural damage to a building. Often, mold can attach itself to your personal belongings and cleaning it becomes difficult or impossible!

For people who are susceptible to mold caused illnesses, symptoms can range from sneezing and coughing to asthma, rash and difficulty breathing. More severe reactions are also possible, especially for people with chronic lung diseases or who have a compromised immune system.

Although symptoms and the severity of health effects vary greatly on the person and the mold they are exposed to, American Restoration Fire & Water LLC, recommends that if you detect the presence of black mold, or any mold, in your home or business, call a professional to have it removed.

Mold thrives in water damaged buildings, so if during New Mexico’s monsoon season your home experiences any flooding, call American Restoration! It’s important to remove mold quickly and thoroughly before it does severe damage to your building and your health.